The Easiest No-Bake Recipe. Ever

So, I'm preeettttty bad at baking. Try as I might, anything that involves eggs, flour and sugar is most likely not going to turn out like it does in the pictures, on the website or in my head.

Sigh.

When my friend Grace asked me to bring a dessert to her twin boys' birthday party this weekend, I thought, oh great. I immediately turned to my Pinterest board, "Lay Off Me, I'm Starving," where I frequently pin a bunch of recipes that look amazing but I assume are out of my ability zone.

Alas, I found this amazingly easy—and delicious—recipe for beginners: Reese's Peanut Butter Bark.
                                                                                            Source: hersheys.com via Rachel on Pinterest

Today I'm linking up with Steph and Katie for "Saw it. Pinned It. Did It!" Many others chose to do projects, but I think my recipe applies.This recipe was seriously SO easy. It took all of 10 minutes. And it is DELISH!


Ingredients:
  • 2 packages (4 oz. each) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, broken into pieces
  • 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
  • 1 tablespoon shortening
  • 1/2 cup roasted peanuts or toasted almonds, coarsely chopped (optional)
Directions:
  1. Cover cookie sheet or tray with wax paper.
  2. Place chocolate in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
  3. Immediately place peanut butter chips and shortening in second microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred; stir in peanuts, if used.
  4. Alternately spoon above mixtures onto prepared tray; swirl with knife for marbled effect. Gently tap tray on countertop to even out thickness of mixture.
     
    5. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in cool, dry place. Makes about 1 pound candy.
What did you see, pin and do?

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks so good girly. Thanks for linking up with me and Steph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! It's a great link-up idea and good reason to get cracking on those Pinterest projects!

      Delete
  2. This looks SO good and SO easy! I'll have to make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sign me UP! THis is my kind of recipe!! I'm SUCH a bad baker too!! So many rules and measurements..totally not my thang! ;) This...on the other hand...which doesn't involve a hand mixer or flour...is totally do-able in my book!!

    Thanks so much for linking up with this!! See you next week for round two! Yes?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Found my Halloween costume on Pinterest. Wam Bam thank you ma'am!

      Delete
  4. This recipe blows my mind!! I need to make this asap. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments & feedback make my day, so please let me know what you've got to say!